Sunday 2 August 2015

Hippopotamus, I am not!

You know what is popular in the fashion world lately? Wet Look Jeans. I have previously been apprehensive about this trend. My apprehension stemming from images of me in Wet Look Jeans looking like a hippopotamus, cute, but round and bulbous.

However, I have not been able to stop thinking about Wet Look Jeans and when I saw a pair online (on a Facebook buy, swap, sell page) for a bargain price the other day I bought them. I decided that if I did in fact look like a hippopotamus, that was okay, because I purchased them for a bargain price. I was also a little worried that they wouldn't fit, did I pick the wrong size? Arghhhhh, the stresses of buying clothes one has not tried on!

I also decided that I needed a new top to wear with said Wet Look Jeans. So I opened up a new tab, typed in www.citychic.com.au and found a lovely top, which also happened to be on sale. I also bought some other things, but I am addicted to buying clothes (ssshhhhhh). Voila, a new outfit on its way to me!

The Wet Look Jeans and the new top arrived on the same day. I must say, I was a little excited to try them on, which I did on Saturday morning. When I first tried the ensemble on I was amazed. The Wet Look Jeans were amazing, so comfortable and flattering. I was not really impressed with the top at first and I thought 'Oh, I might return that'.

I had plans to go to the movies on Saturday night, and the idea of the fashion blog had been on my mind for a few days. I decided to hell with it, I am wearing the Wet Look Jeans and the new top and I am going to be fabulous and this is what my first blog post will be about!

Needless to say, I really do think I look fabulous (yes, I am bias). Let me show you....

So, here we have the Wet Look Jeans and the new top. Oh and a nice pair of Betts patent pumps. Such a good look for casual drinks and dinner with friends and something that can be worn out if the night progresses to more drinks, maybe some dancing. 


Here, as you can see, I have added a blazer... maybe a casual friday look for work.


Here, we have the side view (not my best angle) and this is where I was having second thoughts about the hippopotamus look.


Just to tone it down a little I swapped the blazer and heels for a longline card and a pair of flats.

I can report that the outfit was a success. The male friend who I went to the movies with said, and I quote, 'You're smoking hot'

All in all, I think I can safely say that 'Hippopotamus, I am not'.

Jaiimay :)


P.S here is the names/brands of the clothes pictured!

Pick Me Up Skinny Jeans by City Chic http://www.citychic.com.au/PICK-ME-UP-SKINNY-JEAN.aspx?p6352514&cr=eyo1__080659

Layered Motif Top by City Chic http://www.citychic.com.au/LAYERED-MOTIF-TOP-.aspx?p6497871

Drapey Blazer Jacket by City Chic http://www.citychic.com.au/DRAPEY-BLAZER-JACKET.aspx?p6263478&cr=eyo1__080936

Patent Heels are Betts Brand
Longline cardi is from Cossroads
Flats are Emmerson brand.






4 comments:

  1. Hippopotamus, I am not! Such a catchy title & great read. Congrats on your first blog post. I look forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! I love that I can read you and it sounds like you! This little hippo might have to reconsider her stance on wet look jeans! Welcome to blogland!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad it sounds like me!!!! Thanks lovely :)

      Delete