Monday 17 August 2015

Suiting Up!!!!!

So, I have already discussed the wet look skinny jean sensation that is taking over the world, but there is another trend which has been very prominent of late, the Play Suit/Jump Suit phenomena.

I must say that most of the time when I am out shopping I see these lovely printed garments which I gravitate towards... only to discover that it is a Play Suit or a Jump Suit and I instantly put the garment back on the rack. I had a fear of them, a fear that they will make my belly stand out and I will be come a fashion faux pas.

Until one day... I was shopping in my favourite store, browsing the racks, checking out the new stock, when I came across a Play Suit. I was instantly attracted to the pattern and colour, I tried it on and it looked okay but I fervently wished that it was a dress and I left the store with empty hands, saddened that the one thing I liked that day was a Play Suit.

That Play Suit plagued my thoughts for days and in the end I just decided I would buy it, maybe I would wear it to the Ladies Day at the Rugby... which I did.


Here I am taking the standard selfie before heading off to the Rugby. At this point I was pretty happy with the Play Suit and I wore it again a week later when I was out to dinner with friends in Sydney. In the photo above I an wearing it with black opaque tights and a long line card.

Below, I have dressed it up, wearing sheer stockings to keep my legs warm, a black belt and some patent black heels.



I became a little addicted to the Play Suit and I bought the same style in plain black. I wore the plain black one to an engagement party on the weekend and I felt fabulous. The material is a bit slinky and seems to hug my curves in all the right places. No fashion faux pas' here! Teamed with some blue pumps (which I got for the bargain price of $10, reduced from $200) and a gorgeous clutch this outfit is amazing.




Also, I am not the only sexy curvy girl who can rock a Play Suit. My lovely friend Kathryn looks fabulous in the Play Suit as well. Here she is looking gorgeous...





I have one issue with the Play Suit... a girl has to take the whole thing off when she has to use the ladies room. It is a little inconvenient. However, the positives far outweigh the one negative issue I have with this fantastic item of clothing. I think I am now addicted to Play Suiting Up!!!!

So, I will sign off with this fashion advice... TRY SOMETHING THAT TAKES YOU OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE! You may surprise yourself with the results!

Jaiimay :)


PS: here is a list of clothes and accessories used in this post:

Mono Print Play Suit by City Chic http://www.citychic.com.au/MONO-PRINT-PLAYSUIT-.aspx?p6481880

Black Play Suit by City Chic http://www.citychic.com.au/BLACK-PLAYSUIT-.aspx?p6497269

Maddie Cobalt Pumps by Tilly Rose http://tillyrose.com.au

Blue, black and purple clutch by Betts https://www.betts.com.au

2 comments: