Friday 22 January 2016

The summer spectacular of pretty dresses!!

Firstly, I must apologise for being a totally slack blogger over the last few months. Time has gotten away from me. I have been taking photo's though!

This summer has all been about pretty dresses, maxi's mostly. I have discovered a love for a well cut, flattering maxi dress. Maxi skirts are also a new love.

I will post a little photo diary from November to now of some of the dresses I have worn over the last few months.

As you all know, I am a huge fan of City Chic clothing. It is not just because they are a plus size fashion retailer, I actually love their style. However, I am finding that a lot of things are getting to big and if I keep losing weight soon I won't fit in to any of their things. I am also finding that I am having trouble finding styles I like from other retailers. I am trying new brands and styles though.

Below I am wearing an ASOS off the shoulder number. I love how flattering this dress is, it shows off my lovely shoulders and my collarbones (which I am particularly proud off... two years ago one would not have known I had collarbones). Teamed with croc beige and pink wedges.


I love the dress so much I bought it in the coral colour below. I teamed it with some hot heels from City Chic (yes City Chic do shoes!!!) for a night out in Newtown.  http://www.citychic.com.au/ARYA-ANGLE-BLOCK-HEEL.aspx?p6538364&cr=i25y__083717


Picture credit goes to my good friend Peter!

The next dress is from Forever 21. I was in Canberra for the weekend visiting with my lovely friends, Phil and Andrew. I am truly of the opinion that every girl needs a summer frock in white. Here is mine...

Picture credit goes to my good friend Peter!

The next dress is also from Forever 21, but I bought it in Hawaii in June 2015. The dress that started my love and obsession for a gorgeous maxi dress. Whenever I wear this dress I am inundated with compliments. I think it is the print. it is just lovely!


The yearly Christmas tradition is the annual Santa Pub Crawl to raise money for Ronald McDonald House. Here is a bargain I picked up on eBay. Also, check out my gorgeous friend Nikki (aka dominatrix naughty elf)



The next dress is one of my favourite summer purchases. It is the French Kiss Maxi Dress from City Chic. I cannot rave enough about the cut of this dress. I will definitely be taking it to France with me in August!


The Moroccan Vintage Maxi Dress! Also a City Chic dress. So flattering, shows a little bit of cleavage and just gorgeous on. I have no idea where my hat is from, my aunty picked it up on eBay I think; but this hat is my go to hat for summer.

I was in Woolgoolga checking out the Lookout. We had a lovely Christmas break in the Coffs Harbour region. I didn't get a full length shot unfortunately.


Taking selfies with my cutie pie god son Juzi!



The next number is from Jeanswest. I have recently discovered that I like a lot of their items and I have bought two dresses, two skirts, two pairs of pants and singlet from them in the last month. Their dresses are good for transitioning from City Chic sizes in to mainstream sizes and I am finding that I fit in to a lot of their size 14 items. Selfie shot complete with sunburn.


The next dress was my New Years Eve pick and I picked it up from Big W of all places for $45. It is a Peter Morrissey dress and my favourite summer purchase. I am in love with the colour.


I teamed it with some plated gold earrings, headband and bangle from Lovisa.



The next dress is City Chic and I wore it to a good friends wedding in Sydney last weekend. Again, another flattering maxi dress.

Picture credit goes to my good friend Peter!

Picture credit goes to my good friend Peter!

It has definitely been a summer of spectacular frocks. More to come, I promise.

Ciao lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment